Bridal Entourage Gown Fitting
One of the biggest challenge that I had in planning the wedding was choosing the color motif and the entourage gown design that would be agreeable to all. Asking for suggestions resulted into a few choices of pink - my choice, matte gold - Sheila, Wendell, my mom and stepfather's choice and lastly, a combination of lime green and yellow - my Matron of Honor's choice. We settled for matte gold eventually with the majority on its favor
Choosing the entourage gown was another hurdle with certain consideration on cut, design and size availability. I wanted the ladies to feel comfortable with the dress, so I asked for their preference. The bridesmaid dress design was mostly based on Sheila's preference.and in reference to the church wedding guidelines with specifications on simple and conservatives mode of dressing for the bride and her entourage members. This would mean a modestly covered shoulder, no skirt slits, a covered back, and definitely no plunging or baring neckline. Another thing we have to consider was the size, since both Matron of Honor, Sarah and bridesmaid Ev needed bigger sizes. We had no problem with the male entourage clothes since they would only be wearing barung paired with black pants with no design specification.
We visited different bridal boutiques to compare and check on the availability of the specified bridesmaid dresses and found few pieces in matte gold but its either they were too sexy or came in small sizes. Matte gold bridesmaid dress sets were hard to find especially those with conservative designs, while colors available were mostly shades of pink and blue. Then finally, after weeks of searching, we found what we were looking for at Modiste La Mode Bridal Fashion Boutique. They have a wide selection of wedding entourage gowns, prom,cocktail dresses and wedding gowns. In fact it is only in their boutique that we found 4 designs in matte gold. They have 2 branches here in Cebu and a couple of branches in other parts of the country.
The bridal entourage gown set of our choice included 4 wedding dresses for the female wedding entourage members, (3 bridesmaids and 1 Matron of Honor), 4 barungs for the male entourage members (3 groomsmen and 1 Best Man), 3 dresses for the flower girls and 3 barungs for the bearers. It was 3 months before the wedding when I booked for the reservation of the set.
Below are some photos of our visit and fitting of the wedding dresses at La Mode. Please click on a picture for a large view.
- Choosing the Bridal Entourage Gown
- Me and my Matron of Honor, Ms. Sarah Vercide at La Mode choosing a gown design for the female entourage members. Our color motif will be in matte gold and we opted for a more conservative and modest design. We took a few pictures of the gown so we can email and show it to my mom and my stepfather.
Bridal Entourage, Bridesmaid Gown Fitting - Choosing the Bridal Entourage Gown
- Getting the Measurements for Matron of Honor Gown
- This was our second visit at La Mode after finally deciding which dress to use, Mrs. Nelia Alcoseba (right lady in pink), one of La Mode's friendly staff, assisted to our needs and gladly showed us around in the boutique. We made the bookings through her and she personally took the measurements of all the entourage members.
Bridal Entourage, Bridesmaid Gown Fitting - Getting the Measurements for Matron of Honor Gown
- Getting the Measurements for Bridesmaid Ev.
- Bridesmaid Ev needed size adjustments especially on the shoulder and bust area. Mrs. Nelia Alcoseba took special attention on certain area adjustments to ensure precise fit and comfort.
Bridal Entourage, Bridesmaid Gown Fitting - Getting the Measurements for Bridesmaid Ev.
- Bridesmaids Gown Design - Bodice
- This is the design of the upper part of the bridesmaid gown in matte gold with intricate embroidery embellished with decorative beads and sequins. The bodice is slightly boned with a boat neckline and conservative sleeves. This will be worn with a semi-transparent chiffon shawl paired with an A-line skirt falling all the way to the heels.
Bridal Entourage, Bridesmaid Gown Design- Bodice Design of the Bridesmaid Dress.
- Gown Fitting - Bridesmaid Sheila
- Bridesmaid Sheila who just came from work joined us an hour later. We wanted to make sure if the design was alright with her and thankfully she was very much satisfied with the modest cut and design. She happily oblige to try and fit the gown with a smile. Both bridesmaid Sheila and Careen, having a medium-size fit required minimal adjustments. Bridesmaid Careen did not make it this time for the fitting because of a very busy schedule but promised to do it a week later.
Bridal Entourage, Bridesmaid Gown Fitting - Bridesmaid Sheila with her dress.
- Gown Fitting - Bridesmaid Ev
- Ms. Ev Auman, busy as she is with her bar review had to spare some of her precious time to fit the gown. She particularly was more concerned of the upper part of the bridesmaid dress since it was a bit tight when she fitted it. Mrs. Alcoseba assured her that she will see to it personally to make sure that the bust and shoulder adjustments were done correctly..
Bridal Entourage, Bridesmaid Gown Fitting - Bridesmaid Ev
- Matron of Honor Gown Design - Upper Part
- This is the design of the upper part of the Matron of Honor gown in matte gold with less embroidery work compared to the bridesmaid gown but with more embellishments of decorative beads and sequins. The bodice comes in a tube design and is slightly boned with a more baring neckline with spaghetti sleeves. This will be worn with a semi-transparent chiffon shawl paired with an A-line skirt falling all the way to the heels.
Bridal Entourage, Matron of Honor Gown Design - Bodice
- Gown Fitting - Matron of Honor Sarah
- Matron of Honor, Ms. Sarah Vercide originally wanted the entourage gown with the lime green and yellow combination. However, the design of the back was a bit open. Eventually she get to like the matte gold design set anyway. After all, she then realized that after fitting, it didn't just flattered her figure, it actually looked good on her too. So here she is with her happy smile.
Bridal Entourage Gown Fitting - Matron of Honor Sarah
- Overall Bridal Entourage Gown Design - Ladies
- This is the overall look of the Bridal Entourage Gown Design for the ladies complete with fresh floral headdress and bouquet. There was actually an accompanying headdress, bouquet and flower girl basket as part of the whole entourage set from La Mode, but we opted not to use since it was all made from artificial flowers. The headdress, and bouquet that you see here are all made from fresh flowers from our contracted florist.
Bridal Entourage Gown Fitting - Bridesmaid and Matron of Honor Complete Set
- Overall Bridal Entourage Gown Design - Flower Girls
- This is the gown design and overall look for our Flower Girls complete with fresh floral headdress and floral basket. It is a whole dress with halter sleeves, slight embellishments near the neckline with a petticoat skirt that falls below the knee.
Bridal Entourage Gown Fitting - Flower Girls
- Overall Bridal Entourage Men's Apparel - Gentleman
- This is the Men's Apparel for our Groomsmen and our Best Man. Groomsmen will wear an off white barung tagalog except for the Best who will wear a gold barung tagalog which will be worn with a fresh corsage made of fresh orchids The barungs will be paired with black pants.
Bridal Entourage Men's Apparel Fitting - Best Man and Groomsmen
- Overall Bridal Entourage - Bearers
- This is the Men's Apparel for our ring, coin and bible bearers wearing a gold barung tagalog complete with ring and coin pillows and bible.