Wedding Ceremony and Liturgy
We made sure that we followed the wedding guidelines and liturgy format provided by the Redemptorist Church. Father Martin read directly from the misalette but really took his time to add some of his personal touches to make our wedding ceremony extra memorable and solemn. Overall, the wedding ceremony went smoothly. Our readers and psalmist were all officially installed and trained by the church with their perscribed garbs. Most of the people present were very responsive and were able to follow through the wedding liturgy because they were given a copy of the misalette. The chosen hymns and the choir were wonderful and the main altar looked so beautiful with all the flowers. These are the pictures of our wedding ceremony at Redemptorist Church. Please click on a picture for a large view.
- Introductory Rites
- FR. MARTIN: Almighty God, hear our prayers for WENDELL & IVY who have come here today to be united in the Sacrament of Marriage. Increase their faith in you and each other, and through them bless your Church with Christian children
Wedding Ceremony - Introductory Rites
- First Reading
- READER JASMINE:A reading from the Song of Songs. Set me as a seal in your heart, as a seal on your arm, for storm as death is love, relentless as the nether world as devotion, its flames are a blazing fire. Deep waters cannot quench love nor flood sweep it away.
Wedding Ceremony, First Reading
- Responsorial Psalm
- PSALMIST CARMELITA:Let our response be, "I WILL BLESS THE LORD AT ALL TIMES". I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall ever be in my mouth. my soul will glory in the Lord that the poor may hear and be glad.
Wedding Ceremony, Responsorial Psalm
- Second Reading
- READER MYRNA:A reading from the first letter of St. Paul to the Corinthians. Love is patient, love is kind. Love is not jealous, it does not put on sins, it is not snobbish. Love is never rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not prone to anger, and neither does it brood over injuries. Love does not rejoice in what is wrong, but rejoices with the truth. There is no limit to love's forbearance, to its trust, its hope, its power to endure. Love never fails. This is the Word of the Lord.
Wedding Ceremony, Second Reading
- Reading of the Gospel and Homily by Fr. Martin
- FR. MARTIN: A reading from the Holy Gospel according to St. John. Jesus said to his disciples, "As the father has loved me, so I have loved you. Live on with my love. You will live in my love if you keep my commandments, even as I have kept my Father's commandments and live in His love. All this I tell you so that my joy maybe yours and your joy maybe complete. This is my commandment; love one another as I have loved you." This is the Gospel of the Lord.
Wedding Ceremony - the Gospel and Homily
- Allocution and Scrutiny of the Bride
- FR MARTIN: Ivy, did you come here in your own free will to bind yourself forever in love and service of your husband?
- Allocution and Scrutiny of the Groom
- FR MARTIN:Wendell did you come here in your own free will to bind yourself forever in love and service of your wife?
- Exchange of Consent of the Bride
- FR MARTIN: Ivy, do you take Wendell, here present to be your lawful husband according to the rite of our Holy Mother, the Church?
IVY:Yes, I do.
- Exchange of Consent of the Groom
- FR MARTIN: Wendell, do you take Ivy, here present to be your lawful wife according to the rite of our Holy Mother, the Church?
WENDELL:Yes, I do.
- Exchange of Marriage Vows
- WENDELL & IVY:Grant us O Lord to be one heart and one soul from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, untill death do us part.
- Confirmation of the Marriage Bond
- FR MARTIN: And I, by the authority of the Church, calling on all those present here as witnesses, confirm and bless the bond of marriage which you have contracted, in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
- Blessing of the Arrhae and Rings
- FR MARTIN: Wendell and Ivy, we dhall now bless your arrhae and ring. Our help is in the need of the Lord.
- Giving of the Wedding Ring to the Bride
- WENDELL Ivy, wear this ring as a sign of my love and loyalty, in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
- Giving of the Wedding Ring to the Groom
- IVY:Wendell, wear this ring as a sign of my love and loyalty, in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
- Fr, Martin Getting the Arrahe
- Fr, Martin Getting the Arrahe from arrhae pillow and assisted by the Matron of Honor.
- Groom Gives the Arrhae to the Bride
- WENDELL: Ivy, I give you this arrhae as a pledge of my dedication to your welfare, in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
- Father Martin Gives the Holy Bible
- FR. MARTIN:The Word of God, may you read this always and let it be your guide for a peaceful married life.
- Welcome Applause for the Newlyweds
- FR. MARTIN: Let us all welcome Wendell and Ivy as our newly wedded couple in our Christian community.
- Kneeling Down
- Wendell and Ivy kneeling down for the Veil and Cord Ceremony
Wedding Ceremony, Kneeling Down for the Veil and Cord Ceremony
- Veiling of the Bride and Groom
- Veil Sponsors, Mr. Romeo Seno and Ms. Rowena Vercide putting the Veil on the bride and groom.
- Putting the Cord on the Bride and Groom
- Cord Sponsors, Mr. Benjamin Auman and Ms. Diana Auman put the Cord on the bride and groom.
- Offerers Bear our Gift Offerring
- Our gift offerring consists of host and wine, 2 candles and 2 baskets of fruits and flowers.
- Consecration of the Host and Wine
- FR. MARTIN:Lord, you are Holy indeed, the fountain of all holiness. Let Your Spirit come upon these gifts to make them holy so that they may become for us the body and blood of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
- Fr. Martin Gives the Sign of Peace
- Fr. Martin gives the Sign of Peace and well wishes to the bride and groom.
- Bride's Parents Givies their Sign of Peace
- Bride's Parents, Mr & Mrs. Gabriel Centenera giving their Sign of Peace to the bride and groom
- Groom's Parents Gvies their Sign of Peace
- Groom's Parents, Mr & Mrs. Nicolas Auman giving their Sign of Peace to the bride and groom
- Wendell lifts Ivy's Veil
- While everyone is having Holy Communion, Wendell took his chance to unveil his bride for a quick kiss
- Readers and Pslamist Holy Communion
- Fr. Martin giving Holy Communion to the readers and psalmist
Wedding Ceremony, Holy Communion
- Holy Communion
- Fr. Martin giving Holy Communion to the people
Wedding Ceremony, Holy Communion
- To the Altar with Fr. Martin
- Wendell and Ivy at the altar with Fr. Martin for the signing of the marriage contract
- Fr. Martin's Gift to the Newlyweds
- It was unexpected, but Father Martin has his own gift .Fr. Martin's gift to the newlyweds, an envelope containing an article taken from the book entitled, Let's Make Love beautifully written by Jack Dominian.
- Fr. Martin signs the marriage contract
- Fr. Martin signs the marriage contract and thereby documenting that he was the Offciant of the marriage