Wedding Accessories and Things
While one might get too busy in planning the major preparation like planning the wedding reception, one could easily get overwhelmed and may find it easy to forget about the small yet most important details in your wedding. For a "Do It Yourself" bride like me the checklist is such an important tool to keep you totally guided on what you need so you don't miss every detail.
This page contains photos and details of our wedding accessories and things. and will also serve as our wedding memorabilia page. Please click on a picture for a large view.
Wedding Ceremony Accessories and Things
.The Roman Catholic wedding is rich in tradition and liturgy. Since a wedding is primarily a worship service to God who calls a man and a woman together in marriage, great care should go into planning the ceremony itself. As devout Catholics wel strictly followed the traditional Roman Catholic marriage rites and these are the things that we used for the wedding ceremony
- Cord and Veil
- The veil is a long white tulle with lace edgings. It was draped over to the bride and the groom to symbolize "the union of two people 'clothed' as one." The Cord, a silken rope forming the figure 8 was draped to represent the "infinite bond of marriage."
Wedding Cord and Veil
- Wedding Rings and Coins
- A pair of gold wedding rings and 13 gold coins was blessed by the priest during the wedding ceremony for a life of faithfulness and prosperity. The groom and the bride give the rings to each other as they pledge their love and loyalty to one another. The 13 coins on the other hand was presented by the groom to his bride while pledging his dedication to her welfare and their future children.
Wedding Rings and Coins
- Wedding Ring Pillow
- White heart-shaped satin pillows with pretty ribbons and lace trimmings for the presentation of the wedding rings during the wedding ceremony.and carried by the ring bearer during the wedding march.
Wedding Ring Pillow
- Arrhae or Coin Pillow
- White heart-shaped satin pillows with pretty ribbons and lace trimmings for the presentation of the 13 coins or arrhae during the wedding ceremony.and carried by the coin bearer during the wedding march.
Arrhae or Coin Pillow
- The Misalette or Wedding Liturgy Booklet
- This is the cover design of our misalette with 2 doves flying together. The misalette is a small booklet containing the dialogues, readings, hymns and prayers of the wedding liturgy so people can follow and participate throughout the course of the wedding ceremony.
The Misalette or Wedding Liturgy Booklet
- Copies of our Wedding Misalette
- This is how the inside of the misalette will look and a few sample copies of our wedding misalette. These were distributed in church during the wedding ceremony.
Copies of our Wedding Misalette
- Wedding Candles
- A pair of large-sized candles tied with gold ribbons and placed by the side of the bride and groom and lit by candles sponsors to symbolize the presence and the grace of God in our midst for a peaceful and happy married life.
We've always wanted to have an embossed wedding invitation card but we don't have the equipments to make one. Through my mom, we were lucky to find Tri-bell a really old printing press that specialize on embossed wedding invitations. They also sell blank embossed invitation sets and this is what we got. We just added in our own designs to complete the ensemble.
- Wedding Invitation Card Cover Design
- This is the cover design of our wedding invitation card. It comes in a three-fold white fine linen paper with embossed images of vines, flowers and two birds set on a heart-shaped edging entwining each other to lock the card in its folds. We printed our names and put some outlines on the hearts.We also printed the venue and date of the wedding on the bottom part pf the card to give it a personal touch.
Wedding Invitation Card Cover Design
- Wedding Invitation Card - Inside Design
- We printed our pictures and some love quotes on both sides of the card to give it a bit of spice.The center part was reserved mainly for the invitation leaf of which we also made it ourselves and then we attached it to the main invitation card with a gold ribbon.
Wedding Invitation Card - Inside Design
- Wedding Invitation Card - Inside Design with Entourage List
- This is the inside design of our wedding invitation card with the wedding entourage list.
Wedding Invitation Card - Inside Design with Entourage List
- Wedding Invitation Set
- This is our wedding invitation set complete with envelope and an RSVP card.
Wedding Invitation Set
Aside from her wedding gown, the bride will need some accessories to highlight her looks so she will have the confidence to face her guests and be at her best These are the things that the bride had worn during the wedding day itself
- Bride's Shoes
- The bride's choice of shoes comes in a simple yet elegant deign. It is a close-type shoe with just an inch in the heel.
- The Bridal Garter
- As part of our many wedding traditions, the bridal garter is worn by the bride under her wedding gown and later retrieved by the groom for the garter throw at the wedding reception.
The Bridal Garter
- The Bride's Tiara
- A princess elf tiara was the bride's choice to match her princess wedding gown. This was worn by the bride together with a veil.
The Bride's Tiara
- Bride's Accessories
- The bride's necklace, earrings and bracelet
We always wanted to be remembered by people and with this the practice of giving out wedding souvenirs and favors has become part of our wedding traditions. A wedding giveaway is also one way of thanking your guest for their presence and being part of such a memorable affair.
- Wedding Giveaways
- Cute Heart-shaped giveaways made of capiz shells with tulle, flower, buds, leaves and ribbon trimmings. Our giveaways truly comes from our "labor or love" because we painstakingly made it ourselves on top of the other preparations that we have to attend. Each piece is handcrafted and we spent a lot of late nights just to finish 130 of them.